Sunday, April 26, 2009

The ACTUAL first post

I finally decided to keep a blog because of writers like Neil Gaiman and Shmelia. I figure I might as well jump on the bandwagon of aspiring writers blogging their journey to finish their novel, edit, and, hopefully, get published (Which is odd, because I'm not a 'jump on the bandwagon' type of person. I think it's mostly loneliness in the writing world that has made me want to turn to a blog....except that's not really true. The concept of a blog DOES interest me, and I do need a writing platform. My Internet buddy/writing partner in crime Aaron has all but abandoned me for his life - I realize that is more important, yes - and I can't seem to find a good writing partner to chat with in his stead).

So, this blog....It's my honest attempt to share my thoughts/hardships/successes of writing in the viewpoint of a teenager who is, in fact, VERY serious about this. I'm slightly upset that I didn't tackle this blog long ago. I'm seventeen. I won't be an adolescent for too much longer, but I'll cherish my time as a confused teenager for as long as I can. Like my description says, I'll try to inform, I might rant, but I will not angst. There are plenty of other blogs written by teenagers for that. In fact, I don't think I'll even bring in topics pertaining to my life unless it is tied to my writing.

Another reason why I refrained from blogging for so long: I didn't know what to say. Now that shouldn't be a problem. I have this blog planned in a way where I shouldn't be free of topics. Anyway, how can there honestly be nothing to write about? Everyday of my life, even the excruciatingly bland days, are an adventure in writing. I plan to share those adventures.

Since this is just an intro, I don't want to get too carried away (I spent all week debating with myself about what I should blog about for the first post. SO many topics came to mind. I can tell I'm going to enjoy this.). Here's my posting plan:

  • I will update Mondays and Fridays.
  • Every two weeks, on sundays, I will add a Tip of the Month article...until the articles catch up. Then it will become monthly.
  • I will try to interview someone or get a guest blogger every wednesday.

So why won't you, dear reader, stick with this teenager as she blogs herself into a craze that she hopes is both interesting and intellectual.

No comments: